Friday, May 9, 2008

Haircuts, Origins & Anniversary Party


Well, I finally got a haircut. It's been almost 9 months since I had my sis-in-law cut my hair but haven't seen her in quiet awhile. I went to this man from Costa Rica and I loved the way he cuts hair. I have a ton of thick dark hair, typical of a latin women, and since I cannot put my hair up due to the cast my grandma has to braid my hair in two everyday. I look like a typical mexican indian lady as I have been told by my family.

I am half Guatemalen, Half Mexican born in the US. My Grandfather was Spanish and I always wanted to trace his roots but I don't even know where to start. It would be cool to see my origins. One of these days I will do it. My Grandmother has a ton of beautiful photographs that I need to scan and that is another project on top of my million of other things I would like to accomplish one day.

I was writing about my haircut and now I am writing about ancestors, that is the way my mind works most of the times. I end up talking about one thing and up with a totally different conversation. That was how my conversation was with the hairdresser, he kind of laughed by the end of my haircut. I just wondered what went through his mind

Tomorrow is my parents 34th Anniversary and my little and only sister is throwing them a small dinner party. Should be nice. I will post some pix's of the affair later.

I will leave you with another pix of our animal family. Dodger our 2 yr. old hyper and out-of-control Golden Retriever.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails