Friday, May 16, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake


Today I am dedicating my post to Strawberry Shortcake.
By the way it's the California Strawberry Festival in Oxnard this weekend, which I would love to go but It's so frikkin hot this weekend that I will pass this time.
I just bought this little cutey and this one. I didn't buy them in mint condition but I bought them from this Etsy seller.
I will be buying this cute little clock too.

All these adorable dolls take me back to my childhood and my love for little dolls. I remember brushing their hairs, changing their clothes, washing them, etc. I was an avid doll collector and really took care of my toys, I just wonder what ever happened to them since I supposedly said I took such good care of them. I do have my Barbie collection up in the attic, I always wanted to give them to my daughter but unfortunately ended up having boys. Maybe they will last for the day I have grandchildren. Whoa, I am jumping ahead too much.

Anyways, I am a child of the 80's and love all the nostalgia from that time. Except for anything neon and big hair do's. I just look at the toys and cartoons now in days and they are nothing like they were back then. I still remember having a Rainbow Brite (actually this was my sisters), Kimberly, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids, My Dog Poochie and the Smurfs, this were all very cute toys and the cartoons were descent. I guess times change and now I feel so old . I can't believe this was over 25 years ago.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails