Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Did It! I Completed Some Projects.


I didn't get to work on my embroidery as I planned but I did make this little Frida bag. I am the type that likes to wear my bag across my body and sometimes they are hard to find so I have been making my own messenger style bags. I had left over denim from a wrap around skirt I previously made for myself. I printed a picture of Frida Kahlo on inkjet transfer paper and then glued sequins around the edge and on the leaves I used glitter fabric to give it a little shimmer.
I used this mexican fabric for the inside lining. I need to iron out the wrinkles but overall I am really happy on how it turned out. I could probably embellish it more but I don't want to over do it either.
Then my second project was this other bag. I used a pattern that I bought a long time ago for $1 and I had some printed linen fabric. I want to make a black one and make a red corsage brooch out of fabric to attach to the front. That will be my next purse project.
I also dyed cotton twine with fabric dyes for paper tags and I love the colors. Jacob helped me and did a pretty good job. Now I have to find some spool to whine these before they get all tangled. So overall it was a pretty productive weekend with my many projects being completed. I am off now to finish cleaning out that shed that I have been putting off and I didn't have the yard sale either.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails