Thursday, October 30, 2008

Here is to Vincent Price


One of the most talented, creepy voice actor of all times and my favorite, well him and Johnny Depp. They are playing Vincent Price movies on TCM and I am watching House of Usher as I type, I sure wouldn't want to have a brother like him. What a classic. I finished watching The Tingler and I remember watching this movie when I was small and was so afraid to go to the theatre thinking that a creepy crawly would go up my leg. It just terrified me. For me Halloween is all about cult classic horror movies and Vincent Price.
These are some of my Favorite Halloweeny movies that put me in the spirit of the season:
1) Halloween, but of course. Michael Meyers still scares the s**t out of me. I can watch it 20 times in one month and it never bores me.
2) The Corpse Bride - I twisted tale of love. I adore it.
3) Psycho - I learned to never stay at an isolated motel.
4) Young Frankenstein - One of the funniest movies that I can watch over and over and still laugh every time. Plus I love anything that has to with Frankie. I have a soft spot for this cult classic monster and his sad story.
5) Sleepy Hollow - Not that I would love to loose my head but I would if I met Johnny Depp.
6) Night of the Living Dead - I am not a zombie kind of girl but this is the only one I can watch and still get nightmares.
7) Ginger Snaps - very gory but pretty cool sisterly love not like me and my sister.
8) Monster House - This movies reminds me of my sister and our neighbors and the ridiculous stories we would make up about our neighbors enough that we believed it.
9) The Rocky Horror Picture Show - I haven't seen this movie in ages but I love the costumes and singing.
10) It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - It's not Halloween without watching this cartoon on TV every year.
How I want to take the kids to Disneylands Haunted Mansion now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails