Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October Fire

I can't believe I haven't blogged all week. I have been so busy with therapy and working on a few wholesale orders this past week.
Then on Monday this happened. The ash and smell of the burning mountains has given us all headache and even bloody noses on top of the heat and the Santa Ana winds drying up our skin. Miserable and I need more lotion.
That's all I can say.
Finally we woke up to clear skies but the static and dry skin is horrible. I went to the valley towards where the fire initially started in Porter Ranch (I guess they call it the Sesnon Fire) and WOW the smell of burnt brush is so strong that it hurts your eyes. I wouldn't even of gone if it wasn't for a Dr. appt I had. The winds have calmed down for now but I know this is just the beginning because October is known for the dry hot winds. We are so used to fires because it happens practically every year around this time. I just hope it cools down a bit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails