Friday, October 17, 2008

Things that are on my mind

Sometimes our everyday problems are nothing compared to some of the stories you come across. I was contacted by Ashley asking me if I could donate any of my pieces that will be auctioned to make money for her 20 month old sister, Callie. She was hit by a car in the driveway this past September. I was reading her blog and cried. How terrible something like this is for any parent and I can't even imagine the emotional pain this must be for anybody. Such a sweet little girl and what a beautiful sister she has for doing anything in her power to help her. I wish her the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

You know, I am not a person that goes on the Etsy forums because I know a lot of threads are such a waste of time. People make such a big thing over something so small, and complain about anything. Anyways, I went on this week looking for information regarding craft fairs, promos, credit card machines, etc. and their is a lot of useful info, maybe about 25% is worth reading. But then you notice that almost every other thread is about the economy and not making a sale. Etsy became my f/t job accidentally and was so busy that I thought I could make a living on my goods but I realized in the past couple of weeks that I shouldn't depend on Etsy as my main source of income and even with all these other sites selling handmade goods too that I shouldn't get excited either because nobody is spending money and it will be like this for quiet awhile. I know I need to be positive but I need to be realistic too.

I have been working on my displays and trying to find ways being creative and at the same time saving money because I want to spend as little as possible since it gets very expensive doing one of these craft fairs for the first time. I will soon post pictures of the displays I bought on ebay and the ones I made too. I will also share some of the info I found out. I know their are ton of sites out there regarding craft fair tips but it never hurts to write about our experiences because it can be useful info for somebody else.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails