Monday, March 23, 2009

The Getty

This Saturday we took a school trip to The Getty Museum. Big J's school funded a family trip including transportation which was too cool. I just love going to the museum but I think it was a bit much for the little kids as they don't appreciate what they are looking at and this museum is soooooooo strict which is understandable. Anyways, I still enjoyed the trip. This was my second time going and last time I was lucky enough to see Dorothea Lange's About Life exhibit.
But this is what I was waiting to see again. It is the most amazing piece of art I have ever seen. Back in Baltimore a few years ago I was lucky enough to see an exhibit on impressionism and they housed the most famous paintings by Manet, Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh and Cezanne and just to see it in front of you and not in print is mind blowing. I got the same experience when I saw all of Frida Kahlo's paintings at The LACMA back in high school. What a privilege.


My mom made me take a picture of the "Yawning Man" and the frowning/crying sculpture. I wonder if they are the same person because they look like each other.


Outside the day was gloomy but the gardens were beautiful.




The rooms are just breath taking.



My 3 little devils that I couldn't control.


The trip was way too short because we were picked up by 9:15am and returned by 2:30pm so it didn't really give us much time to really appreciate everything and right now they have a beautiful exhibit called Captured Emotion that we almost ran through because it was time to leave so mom and I swore we would return without kids. Soon I hope.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Shipping and Logistics $39,500 to $60,000 Thus, a majority of forklift accident victims are workers. 19.408 The operator seat will have to conform to standards that have been enacted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails