Monday, March 9, 2009

Sketching

Forgive my awful picture but I brought out my pencil and paper to draw again and had to share these drawings I made. When Big J was still a baby I went to Santa Monica and noticed an older man selling handmade pencil drawing of your child. I really wanted a portrait of Jake but was too cheap to pay for it and I didn't think he could sit for 30 or so minutes while the man drew him. Anyways I made 2 of them one when he was 6 months old and the other when he was 11 months old. I never did one of Davey so I am going to have to get some pictures out of him at around the same age and draw from that. I am feeling a surge for picking up the pencil again as that is my favorite medium. I also do like using my technical pens on occasion. So this week my goal is to create 2 drawings and hang them next to his older brother.
I've already accomplished one craft which is Davey's silhouette and now I need a frame which is getting very hard because I am being really picky about what I want but can't find it. So until I find the frame I wont share my latest accomplishment, I call them accomplishments because I really can't work on projects as often as I would like.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails