Monday, February 1, 2010

Baja Style Fish Tacos

While growing up in California my parent would always take us to Baja California on short weekend trips. I loved going to a little town called Ensenda. We mostly went for the fish tacos at the little stands at the port. They were the amazingly good. Well with all the drug violence I stopped crossing the border and the last time I was their was maybe 8 years ago. Well I really miss authentic mexican food and can't find anything that is really great in this area. I have been craving fish tacos but didn't know how to make the sauce and I after many attempts I came up with my own and I am so excited all I need is the warm salty air hitting my face. Sorry the pictures are horrible.





Baja Style Fish Tacos
Prep Time 20 min
cook time 12 min
Avocado Sauce:
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 package of fish batter
chopped onions
Chopped cilantro
1 whole avocado
in a blender mix all ingredients together until you get a smooth puree, chill in fridge
Fish Tacos
2 pds of Halibut or code boneless
1 can of beer
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of garlic salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups of shredded cabbage
oil
tortillas
limes

Preheat a fryer or a deep pot with oil.
Open package of batter mix use half the mix and add beer, mix until you get a heavy cream consistency. If it's still too thick add a little bit of water. Set aside.
The rest of the mix add, salt, garlic salt, pepper mix together.
Coat pieces with dry mix and then dip into prepared batter. Deep Fry until golden brown and cooked thorough.
Place fried pieces on warmed corn tortillas, add sauce, shredded cabbage and a squeeze of lime and enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails